A favourite which can be made into banana bread, banana muffins for an on the go snack or substituted as part of your carbohydrate meal.
Breakfast does not always have to be oats (I do love a big bowl of oats though) but this recipe has me on days when I am most in a rush and heading out the door.
This is also a perfect recipe if you are travelling to watch friends and want to keep a yummy carb meal on hand instead of carrying rice cakes.
Perfect to get buff or to get lean, just alter your ingredients and measurements to suit your macros.
- 1.5 cups oat flour (see below on how to make)
- or 1.5 cups of almond flour – a substitute for oat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sweet cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large overripe mashed banana
- 1 large egg
- Oat flour hack: blend 350g rolled oats in your Nutri Bullet
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown